CLK Media Co. POLICIES
The policies set forth on this page will supersede, and override, any other mention or description of polices found on this website.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for (clkmedia.co). This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this web site. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Refusal of Service
CLK Media Co. reserves the right to refuse service to any individual, company, website, or blog that contains offensive, obscene, hateful malicious content or any other reason; and completely at the discretion of CLK Media Co.
CLK Media Co. does not assume any responsibility or liability for the content of the websites it designs, builds, manages, maintains and/or hosts. You, the client, are responsible to ensure you own the images, text videos, etc. provided to us to display on your website.
Pricing and Payments
All prices appearing on this website are subject to change at any time without notice. By becoming a client of CLK Media Co., you authorize CLK Media Co. to charge the payment method you submitted for all the invoices generated for the services rendered by CLK Media Co. In order to cancel your recurring payment or change payment method, simply contact CLK Media Co. prior to your payment’s due date.
Cancellations & Refunds
Cancellation of any monthly recurring service can occur at anytime after your first 1 month (30 days) of service unless otherwise stated in terms and conditions of your contract. No Refunds are available after your purchased package or service has been started, unless otherwise specified in any authorized communication by CLK Media Co.
Our Process and Disclaimers
Assumptions (please read carefully)
- All Contact Information, (i.e., address, phone, email accounts, phone, etc) will be provided by the client.
- Client will provide all resources in an electronic format, including graphics, content, and a flowchart for site navigation. If you only have HARD COPY pictures, we will scan them for you at the cost of $5.00 per picture.
- Client can provide hard copies of photographs or other materials which will be returned to them, intact, once they are no longer needed for production.
- We retain all rights to unflattened or RAW materials created during the project without exception, unless a special request or agreement has been made during project preparation or prior to the project start. The Client retains ownership over the finished, published design as well as any material(s) provided to us during the project build out
- All page content should be proofread and spell checked by the client to insure content is 100% accurate before adding into the website. We are not responsible for your spelling or grammatical errors or omissions.
- Using the client’s guidelines, our designer’s use their creative intuition, experience and strategic insights, to come up with a suitable design based on the client specifications. The more specific the client is the more precise the design will be. However this is not an exact science. Costs incurred for design work submitted is non-refundable.
- Only the FINAL chosen design is property of the client. Any alternate versions remain property of CLK Media Co. and will not be released to the client unless an agreement is made prior to the project start date. This final design is also not released to the customer until the project is paid in full.
- If stock photography must be purchased, the client will be held responsible for incurring this as an additional cost of $45.00 per image.
- If stock video must be purchased, the client will be held responsible for incurring this as an additional cost of $150.00 minimum per video.
- If we already possess the stock images, and the client requests their use in the design, we have the right to charge a fee of up to $25.00 for each stock photo used, in addition to the base cost of the site.
- Errors found on our part are free up to 1 month after a website is launched. After that time maintenance is billable on the 1/4 hour (after the first 30 minutes) or via monthly website care plans. Errors and fixes include: repairing, revising, or adjusting the site coding if found faulty. This 30-day Grace Period does not cover revising the design you approved or making additional design adjustment requests. Regardless of when those requests are made. If you ask for design changes after signing off and approving something then it is billable in addition to the cost of the project.
Change Management Process
- The Timeline provided to the client will be “per phase” of the project for larger projects and an approximated timeline for small projects with NO “approval stages” (i.e. points at which the work is submitted to the customer for approval before moving onto the next part of the project). The estimated timeline is contingent upon no delays from the customer providing requested resources, feedback, or payments. If any customer delays occur we will not be held liable for the delay and the timeline will change automatically.
- Any project changes must be submitted to and approved by the lead project manager for your account.
- Any technical questions should be addressed to the project manager.
- Once the project is underway, if there are any major structural or graphical changes, or significant scope creep (i.e. project grows beyond initial specifications and functionality), the project will be sent back to the project manager for review. At that time, our project lead will assess whether additional costs are needed to cover the new requests.
Professional Services Agreement
- All RAW or source files created by CLK Media Co. while creating any project are property of CLK Media Co. . We retain the rights at all times unless a release of raw files is agreed upon in writing. These filetypes include, but are not limited to, .PSD, .AI, .EPS, .AEP.
- Client has ownership only of: all artwork, content, and other materials provided to CLK Media Co. prior to the project start or during the project and will retain ownership at all times.
- CLK Media Co. retains all rights over work in progress until the project is paid in full or any other payment arrangement (which would release the rights) has been mutually agreed upon prior to completion. At that time the customer will have ownership rights over the published files. For websites that includes any files on the live server. For graphic design that includes any high res PDFs, TIFFs, or JPEG files.
- CLK Media Co. has the right to alter the scope of work if deadlines or resources are significantly delayed by the client. We are also not held liable for missed deadlines due to customer delays with feedback, assets, or payments.
- The initial payment towards a project at the start is non-refundable once we have begun work on the project. Our typical payment terms for larger projects with milestones is 3-6 equal weekly payments. However, under some circumstances we allow milestone payments in the arrangement of 50% upfront, 30% at milestone 1 and 20% at beta launch of the project. For smaller projects we typically require 50% upfront and 50% upon completion or one lump sum payment. On large projects once we begin, the first installment is non-refundable. Your installment is not a “deposit”, but a payment towards work which is being performed.
- Scope of work may also be altered or reduced if the client does not wish to incur additional costs from the following: stock photography purchases, more than 3 graphic or content changes, major design or structural changes once the site is in production, scope creep, and/or time spent dealing with administrative or organizational duties of website construction and account management.
- Once a particular phase or stage of a project has been approved by the client and completed no further changes may be requested to the completed and approved work without incurring additional fees or hourly time accrued towards a final balance. We clearly indicate each stage or phase of every project and make sure the client is aware when one phase ends and is completed and when the next one begins. See Life cycle of a Website Project notes if you want to learn more below.
- If a project is submitted for review and no response, reply, feedback, or acknowledgement of any kind is given within 30 days, the project will be considered final. All payments made towards the project will be forfeited and your payment will be considered payment in full for our time working with the project. Any contact or requests pertaining to the project after a 30 days will be considered NEW and BILLABLE, voiding any old contracts, payments or agreements. We will also send out several notifications of this 30 day warning when it is fast approaching to avoid this outcome.
Life Cycle of a Website Project
Here is a step-by-step guide to how we build websites
Websites are built in a linear progression from start to finish. Each step requires proper completion of the step preceding it. Otherwise, there is no way to truly move step by step through a project without running into production problems, communication problems, or misunderstood expectations with a customer. All website projects will abide by this timeline without deviation.
Note: A big question we often receive is, “When will my website be complete?” Timelines are subjective to customer approval a feedback during all phases of the project. Therefore, we do not give concrete timelines to completion beyond the current project phase due to the required interaction with the customer. Changes, modifications, and customer delays with approving a phase can ultimately delay a project considerably.
The Life Cycle of Our Website Projects Go as Follows:
- Quote request received from customer. During this step we research the needs of our customer and identify a solution that will work best for them and is within our capability to provide and deliver a proposal.
- Project Awarded to CLK Media Co. . Once the client accepts our proposal they will be sent a formal contract to sign (if they have not already received one). Upon receiving a signed and dated contract we initiate the project.
- Project Launch & Payment(s) Collected. After receiving the signed contract we issue the first invoice. The payment structure will vary depending on if you opt to Prepay and receive a 10% discount or choose to make weekly installments towards to the full price of the website. Your first payment must be made prior to any design or development work starting. No progress or additional work will be done until this has been received. After receiving payment we begin compiling assets from the customer such as content, photos, final notes, requests, etc. We also run through our procedures and policies one last time so the customer understands implicitly how the process works.
- Phase I – Design begins. This includes 3 unique designs for the home page as well as one interior page design based off the final chosen home page design.If more designs are needed or requested prior to project start, the process would be the same we would simply add sign off steps for the additional design work. If the additional designs are requested and were not previously mentioned, discussed, or agreed to we will be required to increase the cost of the project to cover these requests. Included with both the home page design and interior page design we allow up to three rounds of changes. This means you can thoroughly review the design and submit all changes and revisions up to three times. If you take the time to carefully examine the design this will be more than enough to finalize the design. Additional rounds of changes requested are additional costs and billable based on time spent making changes.
- Website Design Approvals and Signoffs. Once signing off on a design, it is final. If you request further changes to the design after approval it will add to the cost of the website. This is the case for any design requiring sign-off. Approving designs only to make further changes later is like telling a home builder you now want the kitchen on the 3rd floor, instead of the 2nd floor, even though you approved the blueprints with the kitchen on the 2nd floor. Is it possible? Of course! But it will cost extra. If you are unsure what you should be reviewing when looking at a design we submit for approval, please take the time to shoot us an email or call so we can guide you through it.
- Phase II – Development begins. This is where actual construction of the site begins. We take the approved designs and create the actual functional website. We begin adding in any content you have provided as well as any other media, stock photography, etc. We also thoroughly test the site for errors and omissions. If any additional billing needs to be added to the project such as additional time spent on more rounds of design changes (beyond the 3 rounds allowed), adding services such as copywriting or stock photography (and those were not previously requested as part of the initial project cost), these additional charges will be discussed and the total project cost amended.
- Phase III – Beta Testing begins. During this phase we provide a live website link for you to review. You are able to login to the site and play around a bit. You can test all the pages, make sure you do not see any errors, etc. We expect a thorough review and testing by you or your team to insure everything is exactly as you want it.
- Final Sign-off to go live. Once you give us approval to proceed and launch the site we will require one final sign-off to launch the website.
- Final Catch-up Payment Collected if necessary. Upon receiving your final sign-off on the site and if you purchased additional services, or incurred additional charges during the design or development of your site due to extra work we performed outside the original scope of this agreement, we will create the final catch-up invoice to be paid prior to launching the website. This is non-negotiable and if you are paying monthly this cost will not be bundled into the monthly payments. It is a one-time fee that must be paid prior to launch. It is within our rights to withhold launching the website until this catch-up payment has been made (in addition to your regularly scheduled payments).
- Also, if you are on an alternative payment plan that requires payment in full prior to site launch (our traditional 50/30/20 plan) then your balance must be paid in full prior to releasing the site live. Until this happens your site will remain on our testing servers as you only acquire ownership rights after full payment is received.
- Website Goes Live. Once a website goes live we offer a 30-day window for our customers to identify any errors made on our part which we will promptly fix. Errors are functional problems with the website. If you neglected to request a design change prior to launch, this is not considered an error, it is billable since we will need to spend additional time and resources modifying your website. Any further requests for changes to the live site or errors found post 30 days will be billed at our current rates unless you have a Maintenance Contract in place.
- Additional On-Going Services begin. If you have signed up for additional services such as SEO, PPC, Web Maintenance, WP Support, Web Hosting, etc these services begin as soon as the website is launched live. Monthly and Annual services will be billed in conjunction with the original launch date.
Our Website Payment Options
This is our standard billing method for web design projects. We bill website projects in pre-defined payments based on project milestones through its life-cycle. These milestones are: 50% due at signing, 30% due upon design approval, and the final 20% due prior to launching live.
Monthly Payment Plan
In some cases, we offer the option to pay for your website as a monthly subscription. We can spread the entire cost of the website project over time so you don’t have to pay a large sum upfront. Payments will begin once your project is approved and ready to start. A “buyout” price will be available upon request if you’d like to take full ownership of the site before the end of your subscription period.
Notes about our monthly payment plan:
- Your monthly payment plan is a subscription and will be billed as long as you want the site online.
- Most projects require a small setup fee plus the first month’s payment at signing.
- We require auto-pay with a valid credit/debit card to utilize this plan. This means the monthly cost of your site is auto-debited to a credit/debit card on a monthly basis.
- If you stop payment, it is cancelled or does not process successfully your website will be immediately suspended including all additional services such as hosting, ftp access, etc. until payment is made.
- If your site goes past due for more than 30-days you will incur an additional re-activation fee to turn the website back on.
- You can choose to pay a negotiated lump sum to end your subscription payments and retain ownership of the site
- Additional services or fees accrued during the website project that were not included in the original website price will be billed as a one-time catch-up payment which must be paid prior to launching the website. This cost cannot be bundled into your monthly payments and will be billed separately.
Note: This plan is only available to customers who host their website with us, on our servers, due to the liability and risk involved with launching a site prior to being paid in full.
Custom Payment Plan
From time to time (very rarely), at our discretion, we will allow alternative payment plans. Custom payment plans will be outlined and agreed upon by both parties prior to signing.
Fees and Penalties
PROJECT FEES – A minimum of one-half (50%) of the initial website design and development fees is due upon project initiation (or payment in full if the entire project is $2,000 or less). Projects are billed in equal weekly payments, or milestones, based on the project type thereafter. Upon project completion, any remaining balance is due in full within fifteen (14) business days.
NON-PAYMENT – If the balance on a completed project has not been paid within 14 business days of the INVOICE DATE, or by the INVOICE DATE whichever comes first (OVERDUE), a 5% penalty will be added every 30 days overdue. For example, if the remaining balance on a completed project is $1,000, and that balance is considered OVERDUE, the new balance on the complete project will automatically be increased to $1,050. Balances that are not paid within 60 days may be turned over to a collections agency.
MONTHLY FEES – Payment for monthly services such as Video marketing, Hosting and Care Plans are due on the first of each month. CLK Media Co. charges a late fee of 5% of the total outstanding balance for invoices not paid by the end of the calendar month (net 25). Accounts at net 60 are at risk of termination and re-activation fees.
ON LOCATION FEES – We happily travel to our clients businesses, and other locations within our local area for video or photo capture. For locations outside of a 10 mile radius of our Fort Walton Beach offices, we add trip charge, based on distance, to the cost of the shoot.
RUSH FEES – Last-minute, or short turn-around projects, have special fees that are additional to the cost of the service. If you need a project completed quicker than our standard turnaround times, or over non-working hours, we have a tiered rush fee structure to govern additional costs for us to prioritize your project over our other ongoing work. Applied at our discretion.
Rush fees are as follows, and are not negotiable:
- Weekend work (in on Fri. due on Mon.): +150% of project cost
- Same day turnaround (due before 5pm): +100% of project cost
- Next day turnaround (due within 24 hours): +75% of project cost
Clients experiencing financial hardship should contact CLK Media Co. to discuss payment options as soon as possible.
Acceptance and Compliance
Please note: by submitting your payment, you are agreeing to all of our terms of service and policies as outlined on this page. CLK Media Co. reserves the right to change, update or modify these terms at any time without prior notice. By using our website you agree to the terms of this agreement on behalf of your organization or business. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties. Any changes or modifications thereto must be in writing and signed by both parties.
Please contact us with any questions regarding the CLK Media Co. terms of service by email info [at] clkmedia.co.